Watch Colin Cowherd release his Week 3 NFL ‘Herd Hierarchy’, with Colin counting down his rankings of the top 10 teams heading into Week 4.
10. Detroit Lions (2-1): “Detroit's defense is better. It was dead-last in the NFL last season and it's now 11th. They're 10-3 since Week 9 last year."
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1): “They remain a sparkler of a firework show, 4.8 yards per play. No threat outside Pickens on the outside to beat you. They lead the NFL in sacks and defensive touchdowns, but this is such a low wattage offense so they're limited."
8. Seattle Seahawks (2-1): “Seattle is sneaky good. Bad opening performance against the Rams, but they're averaging 29 points a game and have given up the ball once, the fewest in the NFL."
7. Cleveland Browns (2-1): "Maybe I'm ranking them a little low, but do you know the defense has only allowed 490 yards through three games? That's the lowest since 1970. Deshaun Watson is not the same but he can make plays. They lead the NFL in yardage differential. They miss Nick Chubb but this defense is going to have them in every single game."
6. Dallas Cowboys (2-1): “The Trevon Diggs situation is real, they can't defend the same way. Thirteen penalties against the Cardinals, isn't that the bugaboo with Mike McCarthy teams? Dak is 7-16 for his career when he has to throw 40+ pass attempts. If they're not running the ball or trail, there are limitations to this team."
5. Buffalo Bills (2-1): “Let's just forget the first game happened, Buffalo looks good again. Josh Allen is only averaging four rushing attempts this year. That is a GOOD sign. They're becoming less-Josh Allen run-reliant."
4. Philadelphia Eagles (3-0): "I don't think Philadelphia has got their offense right but their o-line and d-line depth and talent is so significant that I put them at no. 4. Number four ranked rushing offense and it's the 11th game with 200+ rushing yards since the start of last year. They are a machine, and they can give teams like Kansas City trouble because they can keep Mahomes on the bench for long periods of time."
3. San Francisco 49ers (3-0): "Brock Purdy has not thrown an interception in seven straight games, including the playoffs. He doesn't make mistakes but he's not great and that's the concern. They're the only team to score 30+ points in all three games and have won 13 straight regular season games."
2. Kansas City Chiefs (2-1): "The defense has been great but their offense still has to figure out the wide receiver spot. They feel like they're a flawed team but my gut is they'll figure it out. They're very Mahomes and Kelce right now. Mahomes has been sacked only once, and this is the fastest defense of the Mahomes era."
1. Miami Dolphins (3-0): "Miami is beating teams by 20 points per game. Are they peaking? Will they play this well in November? Their defense is only ranked 23rd but I think Jalen Ramsey could help. They lead the NFL in all major offensive categories, it's a firework show, get a ticket."